At the heart of the Diocese, DaySpring serves children, youth, adults and families in an amazing place set apart “to enrich and empower all people in Christ.” With a deep commitment to the ministry of DaySpring, a significant number of guests, and aging facilities a recent master site plan was completed to provide a vision for ministry for the future.
As a gathering place for the diocese, outreach to Episcopalians is primary. The focus of DaySpring is to support and strengthen the local parishes in the diocese with a ministry program that provides:
- Formation (teaching and learning)
- Spiritual growth and worship
- Order (planning, ongoing life of the church)
- Community (making connections and providing support)
DaySpring will continue to be:
- A place to get away to integrate life, faith and family
- A place to gather with community (parish, community, diocese, wider church)
- A thin place to connect with the Holy
Key property and facility initiatives include:
- Replacing the New Pavilion with a new Program Center AND a new Meeting Center, providing space for recreation and program AND large gatherings and worship;
- Adding a pool and re-creating the youth program area;
- Two new adult lodges to increase capacity and upgrade accommodations;
- Relocating the maintenance facility from the center of the property.
Located in the heart of DaySpring, near the dining hall and Pavilion A/B, the new Meeting Center will provide a beautiful setting for worship and Eucharist and a space for large group gatherings. The full hall will host 300 people or can be divided to host a group of 100 and a group of 200.
A pool with pool house, shelter, play court and program center surround a central lawn creating an accessible area that is in relationship to the existing youth cabins [currently the New Pavilion building and play courts are in this area].
The Program Center building serves as the anchor facility. It will include:
- Large gymnasium and activity area with stage
- Two large activity rooms for music, art, drama or other programming
The proposed Adult Lodges will be located in the area presently occupied by Cabins 1-4. These buildings will be two story structures, tucked back against the wooded backdrop. Each building will have 18 bedrooms, each bedroom with 2 queen size beds and private baths. Each lodge will have a large lounge area for community gathering and outdoor patios/decks.
Replacing Cabins 1-4 with these two lodges will increase the total amount of adult beds from 76 beds (many singles) to 108 beds. Note: in the future, cabins 5 and 6 could be replaced with a third new lodge which would also allow for expansion, if demand is necessary.